Key Benefits: The TIJ Workshop Experiences
The TIJ Workshop for Emerging Leaders offers a unique opportunity for practitioners from different sectors to engage with their global peers in policy dialogue facilitated by the international and interdisciplinary faculty from the network of TIJ and the Institute for Global Law & Policy (IGLP) at Harvard Law School.
This intensive course, designed exclusively for young and successful professionals, will unlock the complex and dynamic linkages between the rule of law and policy making processes in the economic, political and social development at local, regional and international levels. The curriculum has been specifically designed to ensure that participants benefit from peer-to-peer learning in order to strengthen each participant’s knowledge and skills for addressing the most pressing policy challenges in today’s global environment.
Participants will benefit from the interaction with and the mentorship of experts, professionals and thinkers, actively partake in thematic discussions and policy case studies covering topics that are specifically designed to highlight the fundamental roles of the rule of law in policy development that affect our daily lives.
Spotlight Theme: the Rule of Law
While the rule of law as can be subject to varying interpretations, it is crucial that key stakeholders, young leaders included, cultivate their understanding of the underlying values commonly associated with the concept while appreciating the complex nature of the rule of law both as a concept and in practice. Through the presentation and sharing of policy experiences among their peers, participants will be able to approach the rule of law in the contexts that are relevant to their work and their lives, while appreciating the multiple factors that influence and shape the rule of law discourse.
AT A GLANCE: WORKSHOP FORMAT
The TIJ Workshop focuses on peer-to-peer learning and the necessary skills for understanding the policies and initiatives that affect their lives and the world at large, while drawing upon the rule of law as a guiding framework.
Participants will have opportunities to:
- Learn from experts during the Plenary Lectures who will present their views on engaging topics related to global law and policy
- Join the Policy Skill Teams and share their practical or policy experiences, explore contemporary issues and literature about relevant topics to the rule of law and draw good practices and innovative approaches
- Participate in the TIJ-IGLP Policy Streams where interactive mini-courses are offered by the IGLP network faculty to review current scholarly developments and engage in case-based learning
- Cultivate their skills in offering feedback, presenting experiences of their peers and synthesizing their own thoughts in a concrete policy discourse
- Join the Field Trip and experience policy development at work
- Present their views and concluding thoughts in a Public Forum organized by the TIJ
- Enjoy a uniquely Thai experience at the Cultural Outing in an exclusive setting.